Adult Jazz by Nariko Lim
Jazz is the foundation of many dance styles. It is technical and often associated with broadway musicals such as Chicago or Fame, and incorporates technique such as kicks, turns and leaps. Get ready for a workout as this class will help you to develop flexibility, co-ordination and improve your cardio fitness.
A truly versatile style of dance, Jazz is a popular option with those looking to pick up a new hobby. Open to those with no dance experience too!
Having been exposed to dance at the age of 3, Nariko started her dance journey with ballet. She was then introduced to the contemporary and Jazz genre in which she found her interest in and continued to pursue them whilst taking her ballet examinations. She has been teaching since 2015 and has since, ventured into the fitness industry as well. Nariko is now not only certified in Ballet and Jazz but also in Pop Pilates and Barre. She is constantly looking to improve and expand her craft.
As a choreographer, Nariko has put up her works locally as well as internationally for both performances and competitions. She has also worked with dancers of ages spanning from pre-primary to adults. Whether a student's intention is simply to keep fit or to pursue a dance career, Nariko believes that dance should be an enjoyable experience to express and strengthen oneself, physically and mentally.
- Macau International Dance convention - 2019
- Zouk 28th Anniversary show - 2019
- PST Awards for ministers - 2018
- FIVB International Volleyball Championships - 2018
- National Day Parade, Main dancers - 2017
- Mediacorp Talentora app launch - 2017
- Gardens by the Bay, Dinocolours under Cake theatre - 2017
- Dances of the Orient by XinYi Dance Troupe - 2015
- Sibu International Dance Festival - 2015
- The Royal Academy of Dance, Ballet
- The Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing(CSTD), Modern Jazz
- 2013 - 2017 DanceArt, Contemporary and Jazz
2013 - The Royal Dance Off – finalists (group cat)
Certifications & Medals
- The Royal Academy of Ballet, Graded and Vocational examinations
- 2017 - The Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing: Modern Jazz
- 2018 - Total Barre ®️ Teaching Certification, Merrithew Corporation
- 2019 - POP Pilates®️ Instructor Certification