Supplementary Workshop - Accessories
1 Session workshop – 4 hours
Class capacity – Maximum 5 students
(Here at Free Movement, we promise a small student to teacher ratio to ensure each student gets the assistance and attention they need.)
All materials, sewing machines and fabric will be provided. (Students MUST bring their own completed apparel from a prior workshop to refer to.)*
Now that you have your very own tailored-fit apparel, this is your chance to further personalise and glam it up!
This 4 hour supplementary workshop will give participants an opportunity to create armbands, a headpiece and leg warmers to match their completed dance apparel.**
- Drawing a pattern from measurements
- Understanding fabric grain lines and how to identify them for maximum stretch
- Pinning and cutting stretch fabric
- Using the right seam for joining and finishing
- Hemming and closing seams
- Handling and applying elastic
- Sewing feathers onto fabric (optional)
- Your very own personalised accessories to add more flair to your unique costume!
(Please give us a call or drop us an email to inquire on available course dates, thank you!)
*Participants must have attended an apparel workshop and have their own article of clothing to work on before attending any supplementary workshop. Apparel not from a Free Movement workshop will not be allowed.
**Fabric in the exact same colour or material is not guaranteed unless participant books this class together with an apparel workshop, and informs the studio of fabric choice when commencing the apparel workshop.