Please follow these simple steps when you’re ready to take body measurements. You would want to use an appropriate measuring tape when taking measurements.
1. Do wear undergarments or a lightweight leotard with a unpadded bra that gives the bust line their typical shape for most accurate measurements.
2. Do stand straight with your weight evenly distributed.
3. The measurement tape should be snug but not too tight.
4. Do not add extra measurements.
5. Write all measurements in centimetres (cm) only.
Waist – Measure around where your waist naturally indents. Keep your finger between the tape and your belly.
Hips – Measure around the fullest part of the hips and buttocks while standing with your heels together.
Girth – Measure from the midpoint on the shoulder towards the front, through the crotch and back around to meet the midpoint of the shoulder.
Inseam – Measure from the crotch to the bottom. The inseam length is the number of inches, to the nearest half-inch.