Ballet Pointe Shoe Ribbons Sewing Workshop
Kid and Adult friendly class!
Ballet dancers need to sew ribbons and/or elastics onto their ballet shoes or pointe shoes to ensure they have maximum comfort and support while dancing. The placement and angle of how the ribbons and/or elastics are sewn onto the shoes determine how effectively the shoes support their feet. This workshop is recommended for those who desire to master the basic sewing skill to stitch ribbons and/or elastics onto their ballet shoes/pointe shoes for their regular class, performance, or ballet examination.
No experience is required to join this workshop. It is also suitable for anyone who would like a refresher tutorial.
1 Session Workshop - 1.5 hours
Here at Free Movement, we promise a small student to teacher ratio to ensure each student gets the assistance and attention they need.
Reach out to us to book a class!
What you will learn:
- Understanding the anatomy of ballet shoes/pointe shoes
- Identifying the placement of ribbons on ballet shoes/pointe shoes
- Applying the procedure to stitch ribbons onto ballet shoes/pointe shoes
- Identifying the placement of elastics on ballet shoes/pointe shoes
- Applying the procedure of sewing elastics onto ballet shoes/pointe shoes
- Performing a shoe fitting to ensure placement and angle of ribbons and/or elastics are accurate
- Applying the right steps of tying ribbons around the ankles
Things to bring:
- Ballet shoes/Pointe shoes
All sewing tools and machines will be provided. Fabrics, accessories and embellishments will NOT be provided. You may purchase our fabrics and embellishments online or after class.
- Please note that sewing elastics onto pointe shoes is optional and based on personal preference.
Additional sewing studio time is charged at $30/hour.
Private individual and group classes are available upon request, reach out to us to enquire for availability and rates.